There is a regular bus service from the city centre and other locations to the Bishopstown Campus. Many of the routes pass adjacent to University College Cork also.
- The No 205 bus departs from Patrick Street (across from Eason’s) and stops adjacent to the Rossa Avenue entrance to the institute.
- The No. 208 bus departs from Patrick Street and stops on Curraheen Road, which is a 5-minute walk to the Institute.
- The No. 219 Southside Orbital service runs from Mahon via Douglas, Turners Cross, Ballyphehane, Togher and Wilton to the front college gates
- The No 220 bus runs from Ovens, via Ballincolig and from Carrigaline via Maryborough Hill and the City Centre to the IDA Technology Park Model Farm Road, which is a 5-minute walk to the institute.
- The No. 201 Northside Orbital Service runs from Mayfield via Ballyvolane, Blackpool, Farranree, Gurrananbraher and Knocknaheeny to the front college gates.
Bus timetables are posted on Noticeboards at the Student Info Desk.