Following on from the success of Innovation and Enterprise Month in the previous two years, the Innovation & Enterprise Office will be continuing with the same format for March 2024.
In 2023, 65 events were held across all 6 MTU campuses, which included 10 multi-campus activities, involving 3,500 participants and 10 international speakers.
What is Innovation and Enterprise Month?
Innovation and Enterprise Month, formerly known as Innovation Week, takes place in March each year and is an opportunity to celebrate innovation and entrepreneurship across MTU. All staff, both academic and professional management support, are encouraged to apply for funding to organise relevant events in their own areas during this time.
What types of events will be supported?
Events can be competitions, talks, seminars etc., for students, staff, or external participants and can take place in in-person, remote or hybrid formats. Please note, a remote/hybrid delivery option can facilitate, broader participation across campuses and allow for international contributions/participation.
What support is available?
The Innovation & Enterprise Office will provide funding and support towards many aspects of the organisation of events.
How much funding is available?
To encourage continued collaboration between Cork and Kerry campuses, a maximum budget of €1,500 is available for events/competitions jointly proposed by both with a maximum of €750 is available for events/competitions proposed from a single campus.
How do I apply?
- Download and complete our short application form to record your ideas for events/competitions relevant to Innovation & Enterprise Month.
- Email the completed application form to email@example.com
- Closing date for receipt of applications: 3pm, Friday, 8th December 2023
- Successful applicants notified: Before end of Semester 1.
Where can I get further information?
If you would like further information or clarification on any of the above, please contact:
- Carole O Leary (firstname.lastname@example.org), Regional Programme Manager for third level Student Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Enterprise Office