APPLICATIONS FOR FUNDING ARE Now OPEN
In the academic year 2015/2016, the TLU sent out its first invitation to staff and/or students to apply for funding to develop new learning, teaching and/or assessment activities that would support and enhance teaching and learning practices in CIT.
The following booklet gives an overview of these projects.
What are the objectives of the fund?
The objectives of the TLU Development Fund are:
- To provide funding for projects led by staff and/or students that seek to enhance learning and teaching
- To provide funding for projects led by staff and/or students that seek to explore innovative developments in teaching and learning
- To create opportunities for staff and students to exchange practice and ideas through Departmental/Faculty/School and CIT-wide dissemination to achieve maximum impact.
Who should apply?
Any individual staff member, student or team (academic, technical, administrative) who would like to develop an idea or project related to teaching and learning. Please note, any student led project needs to have an academic mentor in place.
What types of project get funded?
Most projects tend to be based around enhancing student/lecturer engagement, but also participants have successfully run seminars, workshops, developed teaching aids, improved feedback and assessment, improved departmental systems, carried out basic research, set up communities of practice, etc.
What outputs have been generated from previous projects?
Examples of outputs generated from previous projects include:
- Instructional Videos
- Innovative methods to reduce assessment load
- Better study notes for students
- Greater collaboration between students and staff during lectures
- More efficient use of technology in delivering lecture content
How long do projects run for?
Projects run for up to a maximum of 10 weeks - but most are much short than this.
Where can I get ideas and inspiration?
The following are some useful websites that can be browsed for ideas and inspiration:
Is there anyone I can talk to informally before applying?
If you have any queries or would like to discuss your application prior to submitting, particularly if this is your first time in applying, then you can contact:
- Prof Jim O'Mahony, TLU, Ext 5485 or email@example.com