Developing Disciplinary Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Assessment
On 7th June 2019. the Higher Education Authority (HEA), in partnership with the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (NFETLHE), announced a new once-off non-competitive fund for teaching and learning in higher education. The fund strategically aligns the teaching and learning enhancement funding that has been allocated by the National Forum since 2014 and the additional funding of €5m for teaching and learning capacity building announced in budget 2019 following the Review of the Allocation Model for Funding Higher Education Institutions.
The total value of the call was €5.57m, of which CIT was allocated €294,000, and represented a significant commitment to the enhancement of teaching and learning in Irish higher education. The investment is designed to enable the development of a strong foundation for future enhancement of teaching and learning within institutions in line with local priorities. The full call document is available on the NFTLHE website.
The fund is being administered in CIT by the Office of the Registrar and Vice President for Academic Affairs through its Teaching & Learning Unit, under the leadership of Ms Marese Bermingham (Head of AnSEO/Head of TLU).
The following provides an overview of an information session held in CIT on Wednesday, 18th September 2019 or a copy of the slides can be dowloaded from here.
In CIT, four project streams were identified under the various funding streams as follows:
- T&L Initiative Type 001/19
- Small-scale seed funding for ‘Learning Enhancement Projects’ – further details to be announced shortly.
- T&L Initiative Type 002/19 & 003/19
- Large-scale seed funding for ‘Learning Enhancement Projects’
- T&L Initiative Type 003/19
- Enabling Academic Transitions through Professional Development (Early Career)
- Academic Leadership of Learning and Teaching (Teaching and Learning Masterclasses)