We Want You in 2022!!
Are you tired of giving lectures and feeling like you’re the one doing all the work?
Would you like to create a more positive learning environment for yourself and where students are more involved and engaged in their learning?
The Active Learning Movement is an initiative to support staff to implement active learning strategies in their classroom It is essentially a learning community where you, as a member, will have the opportunity to experiment and investigate new approaches to teaching and engaging your students with the support of like-minded colleagues and the TLU.
What is Active Learning?
If you don’t know much about active learning then we recommend you visit our Active Learning page where the why, what and how of active learning is discussed and explained.
What will participating in the Active Learning Movement for 2022 involve?
We will be operating this year as a book club of sorts, where an interesting Active Learning book will be shared with the group at the start of semester 2.
We will work through the book together committing to reading one chapter per week for the duration of the semester.
Every 2 weeks we will have an interactive session where we will discuss the two chapters we’ve read and how it applies to our context in Munster Technological University.
What’s in it for me?
Engaging with this initiative will:
- Provide you with an up to date and engaging book on active learning and teaching.
- Support you to look at your teaching and identify where/how you can develop it
- Enable you to collaborate with other like-minded colleagues to share and develop active learning strategies that work for you and your students
- Opportunity to collaborate with the Active Learning Network, an international group of over 35 institutions (MTU being one of them) from across the world with an interest in Active Learning.
How do I join?
If you are interested in being part of “Active Learning Movement for 2022” then just sign up to the Active Learning Movement - Mailing List for 2021/22 so we can keep you up to date on all of our activities, meetings, etc.
What TLU support will be available to me?
The TLU will facilitate and support the following:
- Week 1 - Active Learning book shared with the group
- Weeks 3,5,7,9 – A 1-hour interactive discussion on the assigned book chapters
- Week 11 – A final discussion on the overall book and its implications for practice within MTU.
Where can I get further information?
If you would like further information about active learning or the Active Learning Movement in MTU, please feel free to contact email@example.com or indeed any member of the Active Learning Team: