The LEAD@MTU programme, funded by HEA Systems Performance Funding, is being implemented by the TLU in 2022/23. The programme is focussed on a number of key objectives, initially geared towards those that are amongst the University’s senior management team, with subsequent rollout in 2023/24 to emerging leaders across the university.
- A masterclass series focused on the development of leadership skills and capability intended to support existing leaders in their individual and collective pursuit of MTU objectives and more gradual discipline specific, or function-focused activities. This programme is aligned with a newly developed Certificate in Higher Education Leadership which is currently being undertaken by 24 senior managers. A total of 50 managers are undertaking the masterclass series which involves 35 hours of direct, supported leadership development activities.
- Eight Peer Action & Learning Groups (PAL) have been formed within the senior management team. These groups are multi-disciplinary in nature and composed of leaders from across MTU’s 6 campuses. The focus of each group is peers supported leadership development, centred on action sets of mutual interest.
- The TLU has commenced the rollout of a mentoring programme for senior managers across the university. 18 senior managers have undertaken significant training to support the programme which will be made available to all newly appointed managers and those that have been appointed to management in the past 3 years.
- In April, all senior management will be offered the opportunity to undertake leadership/managerial personality profiling. This profiling will be based on industry accepted approaches which support teamwork and leadership development. A number of colleagues from the TLU will undertake specific training to support the ongoing implementation of this programme beyond 2022/23.
- All senior managers will be offered a limited number of one-on-one coaching sessions in 2022/23 and beyond.
For more information, please contact the LEAD@MTU Academic Lead Pio Fenton - firstname.lastname@example.org