Engineering & Science
Science & Informatics
- Julie Crowley
- Dr Catherine Palmer
Run a series of workshops, focus groups and seminars to gain an insight into how the topic of Transposition is currently taught at second and third level in Ireland and internationally
Progress to date
It has been found that this topic poses particular difficulties at third level mainly because.
- The topic has been taught before at second level.
- Many students think they understand the topic.
- The topic is taught in many different ways
- The concept of equality is not understood
- There is no prescriptive approach – different questions require different steps