What is StudentSurvey.ie?
StudentSurvey.ie 2022, formerly the Irish Survey of Student Engagement Survey (ISSE), opens across MTU from Monday, 7 February 2022 for three weeks to Sunday, 27th February 2022. StudentSurvey.ie is for first year and final year undergraduate and taught postgraduate students.
StudentSurvey.ie is designed to focus on student engagement, namely the amount of time and effort that students put into meaningful and purposeful educational activities, and the extent to which institutions provide such opportunities and encourage students to engage with them. The data collected reflects students’ self-reported perceptions of their experiences.
Lots of information about the survey can be found on the staff FAQ section of StudentSurvey.ie.
How can you help?
By encouraging students to complete the survey, e.g.:
- Mention the survey to students and encourage them to complete it: MTU StudentSurvey.ie login page
- If possible, allocate some class time for students to complete the survey.
- Let the students know that the survey doesn’t have to be completed at the first attempt: rather, they can log in and out as they decide. Therefore, for example, if a student has 5 minutes to spare at the end of a class, s/he could log into the survey for that period of time.
- Share Facebook/Instagram posts which will be on the MTU:
- Share the StudentSurvey.ie FAQs at https://studentsurvey.ie/faqs-students
Here in MTU, the “SUCCEED - Standardising the Use, Communication and Capability of studEntsurvEy.ie Data” project team, led by Dr Seán Lacey, have produced a standardised reporting structure based on StudentSurvey.ie data that is reproducible across all applicable academic units and programmes in MTU.
These reports help close the feedback loop and can be used by academic units to help celebrate their successes, provide information for course board meetings and programmatic reviews and inform the coaching and professional development of staff.
More information about the SUCCEED project can be found on the TLU website.
SUCCEED is a project funded under the Strategic Alignment of Teaching and Learning Enhancement (SATLE) 2020 Fund.