CIT is registered member of Advance HE, which bring with it access to a range of teaching and learning resources and opportunities – to find out more see Advance HE membership benefits.
As an additional CPD offering to CIT staff, we are currently developing a project to enable and support interested colleagues prepare for and apply for recognition of your practice, impact and leadership of teaching and learning through the Advance HE Fellowship programme. It is our intention to launch the CIT/Advance HE Fellowship programme Semester 1 2020/21, all going well.
Fellowship demonstrates a personal and institutional commitment to professionalism in learning and teaching in higher education. Across four categories, from Associate to Principal, Fellowship provides individuals with recognition of their practice, impact and leadership of teaching and learning. Fellowships are embedded in the UK, are internationally recognised and have been adopted by increasing numbers of higher education institutions globally, from the Americas to Australasia.
Fellowship brings with a range of benefits:
- Consolidates personal development and evidence of professional practice in your higher education career
- Provides a valuable measure of success and is increasingly recognised by international institutions
- Demonstrates commitment to teaching, learning and the student experience, through engagement in a practical process that encourages research, reflection and development
- Fellowship is increasingly sought by employers across the education sector as a condition of appointment and promotion
- For individuals, to identify their expertise with the entitlement to use post-nominal letters (AFHEA, FHEA, SFHEA, PFHEA)
As of May 2020 there are over 130,000 Fellows across all categories worldwide.
As one of our first steps, a briefing webinar was held on Friday, 29 May 2020, with Vicky Davis (University of Ulster and Advance HE) who provided an overview of the UK Professional Development Framework (PSF) and the associated categories of HEA Fellowship - a recording of which is available here.