APPLICATIONS FOR FUNDING ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED.
In the academic year 2015/2016, the TLU sent out its first invitation to staff and/or students to apply for funding to develop new learning, teaching and/or assessment activities that will support and enhance teaching and learning practices in CIT.
What are the objectives of the fund?
The objectives of theTLU Development Fund are:
- To provide funding for projects led by staff and/or students that seek to enhance learning and teaching
- To provide funding for projects led by staff and/or students that seek to explore innovative developments in teaching and learning
- To create opportunities for staff and students to exchange practice and ideas through Departmental/Faculty/School and CIT-wide dissemination to achieve maximum impact.
Who should apply?
Any individual staff member, student or team (academic, technical, administrative) who would like to develop an idea or project related to teaching and learning. Please note, any student led project needs to have an academic mentor in place.
What types of project are suitable?
Most projects tend to be based around enhancing student/lecturer engagement, but also participants have successfully run seminars, workshops, developed teaching aids, improved feedback and assessment, improved departmental systems, carried out basic research, set up communities of practice, etc.
How long do projects run for?
Projects run for up to a maximum of 10 weeks - but most are much short than this.
How much funding is available?
Up to €2000, although larger sums may be applied for if matched funding can be secured from the home department/unit.
What does the funding cover?
The funding will cover personnel, martials, equipment, software, travel, conference fees, printing, visiting speaker fee, etc. Other reasonable requests may also be considered but funding may not be used to buy out lecturing time for staff.
How are projects selected for funding?
Broadly speaking, projects are assessed in terms of how well the work is planned, how innovative the project is, what impact the project might have on teaching and learning, how sustainable and transferable the outputs may be across the institute.
Where can I get ideas & inspiration?
The following are some useful websites that can be browsed for ideas and inspiration:
How do I apply for funding?
APPLICATIONS FOR FUNDING ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
However, typically calls for funding are announced twice during the academic year:
- Semester 1, in late October/early November with proposals to be submitted before the end of November/early December.
- Semester 2, in late April/early May with proposals to be submitted before the end of May/early June.
Applications for funding are submitted on-line but a pdf version of the form is available here for your perusal which you can use to help you prepare your submission..
Where can I get further information?
If you would like more information on the TLU Development Fund you can:
- Attend the launch and information session held for the announcement of the next call for proposals - so keep an eye out for notification via email, the TLU website news and what’s on sections or on social media.
- View the following TLU Development Fund flyer which provides information about the fund.
- Contact the TLU Development Fund coordinator, Dr Jim O’Mahony (email@example.com) or, alternatively, you can contact us and we can forward your query.