We are now accepting applications online for the Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education starting in September 2017.
The TLU has developed the (MA) in Teaching & Learning in Higher Education which aims to equip its graduates with the knowledge, skills and competencies to:
- Design, deliver, evaluate and reflect on quality, learner-centred educational programmes
- Research key issues in teaching and learning in higher education (HE)
- Contribute to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
How much does it cost?
This programme is currently offered free of charge to CIT employees.
Who is it for?
This programme is aimed at CIT staff who are interested in:
- Acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in teaching and learning in higher education
- Improving some aspect of their teaching and learning practice
Obtaining a Masters qualification (or embedded awards of Postgraduate Diploma, or Certificate)
How long will it take?
The programme is offered on a part-time basis, so theoretically:
- The Higher Certificate can be achieved in one academic year by completing three 10-credit modules.
- The Postgraduate Diploma can be achieved in two academic years by completing six 10-credit modules.
The MA can be achieved over three academic years by completing seven 10-credit modules and a 20-credit project.
What’s in it for me?
- A professional qualification in Teaching and Learning at Level 9.
- An opportunity to enhance your teaching and learning practice through structured learning activities and informal discussions with colleagues
- An opportunity to develop expertise in educational research and contribute to educational literature.
What is the structure of the programmes?
The structure of the programme is as follows:
To obtain a masters qualification the participant is required to acquire 90 ECTS credits by completing seven 10-credit modules and a 20-credit project. However, the participant also has the option to obtain the embedded awards of:
- Postgraduate Diploma, by completing six 10-credit modules.
- Certificate, by completing three 10-credit modules.
What is the plan for delivery of the programme?
The following modules are planned for delivery in the academic years 2017/2018 and 2018/2019:
For more information on any of the above modules go to CourseBuilder (https://courses.cit.ie/curriculum/)